Best Professional CV Writers UK (Our Approach)
We strive to be the best professional CV writers UK and have an established methodology (proven formula) for writing executive resumes. At Executive Career Solutions, our capabilities allow us to confidently manage different scenarios for customers. Our approach means we evaluate resumes against four core executive competencies. This is before applying WHAT candidates have done, HOW they have done it and IMPACTS / OUTCOMES / ACHIEVEMENTS to establish credentials for succeeding at highest levels within organisations. These combined elements allow us to develop a compelling value proposition aligned to target roles or next career moves.
C-Level Services Director CV Services FREE CV Review Email Form
Ask for CV Quote. Email or Call today: London 0203 488 2767 or +44 203 488 2767 (International)
Our Strategic Approach: Developing Effective Strategies
As best professional CV writers UK, we offer a comprehensive approach. Put simply, we carefully assess all aspects involved in a successful job search to build up a wider picture of the candidate, evaluate key drivers in the job market and identify core competencies to formulate the best possible CV Strategy. At Executive Career Solutions, we offer a more considered, targeted and thorough approach to executive CV writing, which sets us apart from the competition.
Quality Assured Bespoke Resumes
By going through the following Executive CV Writing Methodology, we are able to deliver consistently high specification CVs by carefully matching employment market factors with candidate needs/expectations to create a best possible solution. ALL CVs are written from scratch.
When writing executive resumes, we use the WHAT and HOW elements to help substantiate clear OUTCOMES and convey a highly credible track record of achievement based on:
WHAT = Developing ideas, examples and evidence of suitability towards targeted job roles.
HOW = Evidence of high level decision-making, business processes and areas of expertise.
OUTCOMES = Showcasing impacts on the wider organisation and achievements.
Addressing Specific Issues: Resume Expertise
We evaluate executive CVs on a daily basis, so we see candidates underselling themselves, not telling recruiters exactly what they are good at (i.e. skills/expertise) and failing to convey achievements effectively. Most candidates focus on telling recruiters WHAT they have done, but fail to place the CV into context by explaining HOW they have excelled in certain areas to impact on the wider organisation via achievements.
Assessing Job Market Factors
Identifying key drivers within the job market trends, requirements and key success factors.
Working with customers to identify target roles – targeted approaches yield far better results.
Finding aspects to differentiate candidates in an intensely competitive employment market.
Director : Executive Resume Competencies
The following executive core competencies underpin any effective executive resume strategy, though the degree emphasis on each competency depends targeting specific requirements of job roles and individual career circumstances. When defining an executive CV strategy, we consider the following elements for each customer and offer a comprehensive approach for aligning executive CV competencies towards ideal target roles (next career move).
Strategic Decision-Making Credentials
- Assessing evidence of strategic thinking via strategy development and implementation.
- Setting priorities and objectives; defining a strategic pathway; creating a sense of purpose or vision.
- Achieving set objectives; meeting performance targets; taking advantage of business opportunities.
Exceptional Leadership Qualities
- Effective leadership is a critical success factor and key differentiator at the highest level.
- Outstanding personal qualities to influence, engage and negotiate with key decision-makers.
- Proven people management, team development and leadership skills across the wider business.
Sound Financial Management & Decision-Making
- Strategic decision-making requires strong financial awareness (i.e. profit/loss, budgets and controls).
- Providing justification for decisions by weighing up alternatives (presenting financial business cases).
- Steering organisations through turbulent times, funding investment for growth and reporting metrics.
Areas of Expertise & Specialisation
- Showcasing specialist knowledge, skills and expertise (a good differentiator at the top-level).
- Technical understanding of scenarios, decision-making, processes, policies and regulations, etc.
- Specialist knowledge / technical insights – strategic decisions, innovation & identifying opportunities.
RESUME STRATEGY EXECUTIVES : DIRECTORS
- Strategic Management: Strong evidence of strategic thinking, long-term planning and awareness.
- People Management: Managing teams; development, coaching and recruitment; staff engagement.
- Line Management: Day-to-day managerial responsibilities, directing operations and direct reports.
- Business Leadership: Leading, motivating and inspiring teams to realise overall company objectives.
- Progressive Development: Evidence of strong career progression and longstanding track record.
- Career Recognition: Profiling achievements and industry/company awards and wider recognition.
- Global Management: Thinking strategically in a wider global context (global operating environment).
- Career Development: Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) – skills development.
- Formal Accreditation: Chartered qualifications, professional memberships and wider associations.
- Programme Leadership: Track record of delivering multiple projects, programmes and initiatives.
- Financial Management: Profit/loss accountability, budgets, controls, reporting and good awareness.
- Specialist Knowledge: Demonstrating strong technical credentials and expertise in certain areas.
- Change Management: Leading change / transformation projects to realise wider business benefits.
- Personal Effectiveness: Bringing something different (unique) and going the extra mile to succeed.
Board-Level Positioning : Boardroom Positions
Boardroom positions relate to corporate executive board members or an executive committee as part of a wider group of companies and corporate structure. Executive boards often comprise serving company presidents and senior directors as well as non-executive directors. These positions are at the very highest levels within organisations, carry the most authority and are highly accountable to senior stakeholders (i.e. shareholders; investors; employees; banks; major customers; audit committees; governance boards and so on). Chief officer roles are high profile (figureheads), provide leadership and have managing directors, functional directors or operating company structures reporting into the executive board, thereby giving a clear organisational and decision-making hierarchy.
Best Professional CV Writers UK : Board Executive Resumes
With these characteristics in mind, we have designed a range of services showcasing careers of chief officers, proven track record and exceptional progression to stand out from their peers. Leadership credentials, influencing skills, defining culture, understanding the bigger picture, driving corporate strategy, stakeholder engagement and guiding organisations through key developmental stages (i.e. sustainable growth; M&A activities; strategic transformation; change management; capability development; geographical expansion and so on). Chief officers are often visionary (very forward-thinking in approach) with a clear understanding of business requirements, overall mission and long-term strategy roadmap.
Emphasis is also on talent management, where global corporations and large organisations tend to pay a premium for talented individuals with proven executive leadership credentials. Exceptional career progression, thought leadership, industry expertise, specialist skills, proven track record, strong professional development and an accumulated decision-making knowledge base are all key differentiators at the very highest levels within organisations.
As a result, we are sensitive to the needs of chief officers, executive vice-presidents and non-executive directors by carefully understanding requirements and putting in place strategies to help engage effectively with target employers, key contacts and executive headhunters. This is with the purpose of creating opportunities for top-level executives. Our approach includes:
Our Strategic Approach: Other Benefits
- Give a vision of how candidates can benefit, add considerable value and fit into organisations
- Clear focus around a specific target role or career objective (a targeted approach is best!)
- Aggregate experience, achievements and clearly sell credentials for senior executive roles.
- Highlighting key competencies and core areas of expertise, plus showcasing unique selling points
- Using a longstanding employment track record to profile (exemplify) career accomplishments
- Building a strong theme to reinforce credentials using good examples and evidence of suitability.
- Showcasing professional development, memberships/associations and leadership courses, etc.
- Improving readability and reader-friendliness to enable recruiters to find relevant information.