Executive Career Change Management Planning
We manage executive career change scenarios through telephone guidance and advice, whether making a wholesale change or just a simple career adjustment. Though decisions depend on individual circumstances, overall objectives and to what degree of change is necessary, the decision-making process remains very much the same regardless.
Executive Career Change Scenarios
Our role is to provide a useful framework from where executives can evaluate possibilities and make a rational judgement in line with overall objectives. Executive career change may involve different scenarios, some of which are mentioned below:
- Changing industry sectors by moving into related or completely different sectors.
- Staying within the same company, but moving to a different function or business area.
- Changing companies, often within the same sector (i.e. moving to a competitor or to a larger firm)
- Going for promotion – building credentials to succeed at the very highest level (CEO / Board Member)
- Starting or planning a new strategic initiative with a company (i.e. start-up or new market entry)
- Seeking jobs abroad (relocation / on delegation) – looking to take advantage of international roles
- Seeking new opportunities with large organisations or global corporations (international exposure)
- Executives looking to build credentials for moving into Senior / Non-Executive Director (NED) roles.
- Addressing issues to do with improving work-life balance (re-defining entire career focus and goals)
These are just some examples of where ExecutiveCV.net can help make the difference. At the moment, we restrict Executive Career Change Services to existing CV customers or those looking to purchase this as an additional service combined with a FULL CV Writing Service. The reason is because we like to understand the whole situation and individual circumstances to offer our help in the most effective way. Understanding the overall picture, motivations and track record really does help make a difference as opposed to appreciating only part of the situation.
With this in mind, Executive Career Change Services are NOT sold separately and must be purchased as part of a package or an existing CV has been written by ExecutiveCV.net. For additional details and to provide a quote, please contact us for more information.
If not looking to go for the Executive Career Change Process, we offer a CV-focused Career Change Resume Service. This is an alternative for those generally understanding what they need to do for changing careers, though without requiring any extra advice and mentoring guidance. Please enquire about the Career Change CV Service, so we can provide a quote based on how much work is required and the overall complexity of the scenario, especially as it can vary depending whether dealing with a top executive, director, senior management or more technical background.
Executive Career Change Framework
Here is an example of a typical decision-making framework to go through for making an executive career change. The emphasis may vary according to the person and scenario being assessed.
- Establishing a structured decision-making framework and executive career change process
- Evaluating executive career change rationale, motivations, insights and any initial observations
- Using a SWOT analysis to understand limitations, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Gaining additional insights into career change rationale and employment opportunities using research
- Identifying transferable elements, key drivers, credentials and competencies for making a change
- Conducting a gap analysis to help set priorities, key actions and define long-term career objectives
- Defining SMART objectives by evaluating short, medium and long-term objectives to achieve goals
- Assessing strategic alternatives, career options and key pathway (main actions) for ensuring success
- Defining integrated plans by structuring key actions, milestones and timelines to achieve objectives
- Checking progress against plan, adapting strategies and remaining focused on maintaining progress.
Executive Career Change Service: Conclusion
ExecutiveCV.net provides an effective executive career change management service by giving email and telephone consultancy guidance for achieving aspirations, motivations and objectives. The aim is to enable executives to make informed decisions, consider the alternatives and empower themselves for achieving career change goals.
However, the relative success of executive career change plans is very much dependent on candidates making sufficient progress against specific objectives. It is also expected that different situations, challenges and problems can emerge along the way which may hinder progress, so candidates much also be prepared to continually evaluate and adapt strategies to reflect changing circumstances.
Disclaimer: ExecutiveCV.net is not responsible whatsoever for the execution of career change plans, external job market factors, candidate progress or motivational factors, all of which ExecutiveCV.net has no influence over. Executive Career Change Services are subject to availability and are currently NOT sold separately (i.e. must be ordered with a relevant FULL CV Writing Service).
Executive Career Management: Terms & Disclaimers
Terms, Conditions and Exclusions
|Value Added Career Management Solutions + Options|
MAIN TERMS: 1) Subject to availability; 2) May NOT be offered at peak times; 3) Must be ordered with CV Services (or previous CV customer) for detailed understanding; 4) Discussions are open and honest; 5) Charged by the hour; 6) We can agree an agenda; 7) See scenarios above; 8) Restricted to UK customers ONLY until further notice.
|Executive Career Planning Services|
DISCLAIMER: Career Planning Services are for guidance and discussion ONLY, so are not designed to influence career direction; Customers must choose to make informed decisions independently from ExecutiveCV.net by considering ALL the relevant options available to them.
Thank you for turning this around so quickly; I really do appreciate all your attention and effort to realign and elevate my professional profile... View More
Thank you so much! I will certainly be recommending you, really please with the whole package and really good value for money I will... View More
Its been a pleasure working with you and indeed I am very pleased with your expertise and professionalism. I would like to thank you for taking... View More
The new CV and LinkedIn Profile looks absolutely fantastic. I appreciate your great work. Thanks, Stephen