Technical CV Writing Strategy
ExecutiveCV.net carefully writes Technical CVs according to precise candidate requirements, involving diverse situations and complicated scenarios. To create a robust CV, ExecutiveCV.net has identified five main competencies (key drivers) forming the basis behind writing an effective CV. Once technical competencies have been evaluated, we seek to apply WHAT candidates have done and HOW they have approached things before showing wider impacts on organisations with
Technical CV Writing Competencies
Specialist Knowledge & Technical Expertise
- Highlighting relevant areas of expertise, specialist knowledge and levels of technical specialisation.
- Identifying technical disciplines relevant to targeted job roles by breaking down technical credentials.
- Key elements like following relevant processes/procedures, regulatory compliance and best practice.
Skills Specialisation – Identifying Technical Skills
- Without question, it is vitally important to tell recruiters exactly what candidates are good at!
- Clearly demonstrating how candidates utilise skills and expertise when performing specialist tasks.
- Showing how candidates can benefit organisations (i.e. application and development of certain skills).
Understanding Key Processes
- Deploying technical expertise within the wider business context and making effective decisions.
- Applying technical skills to different situations by adapting, updating and optimising specialist skills.
- Ability to work in diverse multi-functional, international and remote team environments on projects.
Applying Technical Skills on Projects
- Applying technical expertise via projects by managing end-to-end processes and project life-cycles
- Using project management methodologies and best practice – Six Sigma, ITIL, PRINCE 2 & others
- Planning and managing projects to deliver on schedules, budgets, standards and expectations.
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Developing expertise, technical skills and specialist knowledge with additional training and study
- Accreditation and membership from professional bodies and fully adopting models of best practice.
- Establishing a track record of achievement by showing superior technical expertise on key projects.
OTHER TECHNICAL CV COMPETENCIES
- Strategic Awareness: Ability to think strategically, setting priorities and plan ahead on projects.
- People Management: Possible exposure to managing and recruiting specialist teams on projects.
- Team Leadership: Ability to motivate, lead and develop teams to accomplish business objectives.
- Career progression: Established a career path focused around developing further specialist schools.
- Growing Track Record: Earning respect and wider recognition for delivering on challenging projects.
- Financial Awareness: Possible exposure to managing budgets, costs and risks on various projects.
- Change Management: Involved in business transformation projects with realisable change benefits.
- Bringing Something Extra: Offering a blend of unique skills and different experiences to new roles.